Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Disappointment...

It started last night, I'm sure of it.

There were 16 men in total, probably more, but 16 I know I can definitely put a finger on for letting me down last night. Wayne Rooney started it, with his tempestuous little tantrum and the remaining 10 players, 5 subs and Sven then contributed to England's abysmal performance against Spain last night. I love football, and I wholeheartedly support England - even over Wales
Sorry Mom and Dad but it's more to do with the fact I know the England players.
I mean, who plays for Wales?!

*silence*

Exactly!

But last night I couldn't even muster up the energy to watch the end of the game, it was that dismal.
So there.
That's my first disappointment with men, a whole bloody team of them. Followed this morning by God (HE made it rain, and today I potentially have a "date"), the engineers working near Shortlands who have dug up the pavement making me walk on the road and through muddy walkways, (not great for suede boots - fashion before function, my friends) the bus driver who sprayed me before failing to stop despite the frantic waving of arms, the train driver who arrived late into Blackfriars station, the man in front of me in Pret who counted out his coins to pay for breakfast (thus indulging the London impatience in me) and the bus driver who braked suddenly causing me to spill latte over my boots...

And so, into work and despite the hot web designer I'm currently pursuing's "I'll be back in later to reply to your mail" there has been no communication from him. Hmmmm...
And my new bible "He's just not that into you" taught me I never ever need to chase a man so that's what I'm doing.
Taking a back seat and letting him come to me, which has worked alright for the moment but I'm not so sure that British men are used to this tactic, and I know that I'm not used to it. I'm used to bowling in there headfirst, and going after what I want.
So here I am.

Not really waiting all day for his email. Which when it finally does come is to cancel at the last possible bloody minute.
But really.
I'm not disappointed.

No comments: