Friday, October 07, 2005

What the frock...

I have a dilemma. Well, in truth I have more than one but I'll get to the other in a minute.

I've an Awards do this evening and in 5 hours and 17 minutes I need to be in a cab on my way to a swanky London hotel.

It's black tie.

We're up for several awards.

And last night when I should have been exfoliating, waxing, tweezing, tanning, preening and deciding on what I should be wearing this evening I was drinking champagne and eating too much food.

Which is where the dilemma now lays.

In my indecision I have brought two frocks with me.
I can only wear one and had I been focusing last night I wouldn't be in this mess. Which one do I wear? Do I wear the long black velvet evening gown with the embroidered wrap? Or the silk wrap?

Or do I wear the shorter dress with the full skirt? And then what wrap?

I have luckily decided on shoes, as I usually chose shoes first, accessorise and then dress upwards and these lovely shoes will go with both said frocks. But about an hour in they’ll start to hurt like hell which is why it's a good thing we're sitting down.

And drinking champagne.

Which then brings us about face to the 2nd dilemma. The champagne. Which always makes me giddy and happy, I can't always say no to that lovely bubbly glass.
And usually in this state I find myself flirting outrageously and inappropriately.
And as the men will all be in black tie, my heart will be all a'flut flut fluttering most of the night.

So I just need to keep these champagne lips from locking with ANYONE.
And I will be on my best behaviour.

And not end up drunk and disorderly on my flatmate's floor.

And not, I repeat, not snog anyone inappropriate.

Or at least die trying.

3 comments:

fb said...

I have never worn black tie in my life...

I have occassionally worn a suit and tie...

I hope you have a good time and don't get too silly on champagne...

Can't you take a big bag to take the champagne home with you...

And don't forget at midnight your carriage will turn back into a pumpkin...

Anonymous said...

Chances of you not snogging someone inappropriate are slim to none. But they will be very lucky individuals. . . .

WDKY said...

I wear black tie 3 or 4 times a year. But this clearly isn't one of them!

Have a great time, and post a full report.