Monday, February 26, 2007

Back in 5 minutes, maybe 10. Could be 15.



Owing to current events, I will be taking yet another very short break away from the blog. I seem to be missing a little "je ne sais quoi" at the moment, whether that be the inability to finish any of the blog posts I have started, whether that be the current period of reflection whilst I try to decide what next with my career and with my life, whether that be the project at work which is taking all my energy little by little or whether that be a combination of all but somehow I can't seem to stay here at the moment. There are so many amazing events and adventures happening, but somehow I can't seem to seperate them and give them each value.
I am trying.

Sometimes I feel as if I am just there, almost to that point where it starts to make sense. I keep passing milestones and markers, and I am gaining ground. I just feel stagnant at the moment, uninspired and burnt out.

A few weeks back, I sat on a bench looking across English Bay with a cup of coffee. In that moment, I felt life was perfect. And such it was, but I am a perfectionist and I need to continue to perfect that perfectness. I see the irony, and I am trying.

I hope to be back soon.

LMM
xxx

PS: In my absence, I will most likely be drinking (and researching) a fair amount of wine, experimenting in the kitchen (not in that way) and thinking up new ways to utilize olive oil in everything, nursing a bruised coccyx from a slight tumble and promptly getting back up the mountain to clear my head, running the seawall in preparation for the Sun Run, catching up on my favourite blogs (see side bar, I've neglected alot of them lately), perusing beautiful pictures from flickr, volunteering, organzing an amazing adventure that will take me to a country I have never travelled to, reading the archives from this brilliantly written blog, (I haven't laughed out loud this much in a long time) and spending much needed time with my beautiful friends.


PS II - Did anyone else think "The Departed" was over acted? Unbelievable? A blatant stab at black comedy? Jack Nicholson's facial expressions should have been nominated for best supporting actor at the very least.

3 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

Dear Lord Miss Marquise! Have you read my blog lately because I think you stole my posts right out of my mouth...erm, or something like that.

Look around and you might see another stagnant person, slogging around English Bay, wondering what the hell she is doing with her life. Are we not the same person? Scary.

It's funny, I too have cut-back on the blogging(on the advice of my therapist who said that blogging may actually be contributing to the stagnant feeling) and I feel a lot better for it. You do what you need to do.

And lemme know if you need a fellow stuck Vancouverite to complain to ;D

Devil Mood said...

The thing is: your posts are so elaborate and complete that I'm not surprised they're hard to finish. But that makes them very worth waiting for :)
Search for perfection and tell us about the little moments when you found it!

Wanderlusting said...

Thanks for the link to more is less.ca...I am so adding them to my blog.

PS If you are expirimenting with wine, I just tried the best pino from Chile called Cono Sur. So cheap (like ten bucks) and sooooo good.