Wednesday, January 05, 2005

3rd date disaster...

Those of you who have been following the gongshow that is my love life over the past few weeks and months (and years for the Canadian contingency) and who were starting to worry that I may have in fact managed to meet a man willing to put up with my quirks, fear not.

Don't be so damned silly. This is ME we are talking about!

The gong has once again been rung and the words "NEXT!" bellowed across the streets of London. Yes, ladies and gentlemen... the rumours are true. Despite my personal best of getting to the 3rd date... disaster.

Over a fantastic meal of lucky squid (not so lucky now after I'd ordered it, now is it?) and steak in a mustard seed sauce, washed down with a lovely bottle of Rioja on the 3rd floor of Smith's of Smithfields, the words that can bruise an ego faster than Tim Henman can choke in Wimbledon finals were uttered...

MissM - "Can I be controversial and ask...?"

The Welsh One - "Can I be controversial..."

*shakes his head*

MissM *Gutted* "Ah."

*Speechless. Downs glass of wine. *

The Welsh One - "I'm sorry - you're one of the most fantastic people I have ever met... that's not helping, is it?"

MissM - "No, not really."

*smiles*

"I sort of knew it was coming..."

So there you have it folks, the gory details are just too damned painful to go through again right now, however on a more positive note he did say some very lovely things - that the bloke who can get to and past the 3rd date is going to be a very lucky man indeed (yep, still not helping), and that he would love to stay friends with me, because as he said he has never met anyone as charismatically charming and fabulous as me (I think in our drunken state, we decided to launch a ladymissmarquise/welshone self appreciation society) and I in turn was able to keep my pride and head held high and act with dignity.

So, now I've got this dating thing totally under control again, don't worry my Canadian readers. The Lives and Loves of the Divine LadyMissM still has several more chapters to be written so keep watching this space.
Look out boys, here I come... again!

No comments: