Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Shame

The Swiss has slightly shamed me in his email. I realise I haven't posted in days, not because I have nothing to say, I do.

I always do, that is a fact, it's just that I can't seem to get a handle on my words.

I have an opinion on just about everything at the moment from the BC Teacher's strike, to the Tory leadership campaign, and back to Canada's slip into unethical governing. But I could care less whether or not Adam Bloody Rickett became an MP. Unless he took his shirt off that is.

I've seen some decent films, finished Kafka on the Shore but am unsure of what to pick up next, Cloud Atlas seems a contender albeit a late one. I'm not dating, in fact it was rather ungently pointed out that I have not been on a date since The Actor.

Back in July.

I'm not even snogging anyone, appropriately or inappropriately. And as I seem to living my love life vicariously through my housemates after fantastically falling flat on my face with the last two boys I decided to fancy, I'm wondering just what the hell I AM doing on the nights I'm out?!

3 comments:

fb said...

What did you make of 'Kafka on the Shore'?

I'm currently sorta reading 'Haunted' by Chuck Pahulniuk and bought a copy of 'Motherless Brooklyn' by Jonathan Lethem.

I lost the rules if there were any to dating a long time ago and am now suffering from long term dating amnesia.

Oh and its nice to have you back!

lady miss marquise said...

Thanks very much! It took me a while to recover from Lost Vagueness... and not sure if I have yet! Will get back to you about Kafka asap, I'm still not entirely sure about it.

fb said...

I read Kafka back when it came out as a hardback and i'm still not sure about it!