Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dates... and things.

And sadly, not dates as in a movie and dinner and exciting butterflies and Frank Sinatra singing on your first kiss tinglyness -ness

Dates as in the uprooting my whole life and shipping it overseas calendar sense.

Time has all of a sudden become my nemesis. I've even got a time line. Which is nice and not very pretty but it means I am so organised I don't even know what to do with myself. And now the flat 4 blocks from the beach is less of a pipe dream and now approaching reality.

I've booked freight and quit my job. And I have only 2m3 to ship the last 9 years of my life - it's a very very small space. And I have alot of stuff.

Yes, so this is it then; I finish work on the 30th. I'll be moving out of my place on the 31st - from this point on I shall be somewhat peripatetic, with The Gorgeous in tow... in London, Wales, Barcelona.

Back in London so The Gorgeous and I fly out, together on the 13th. Where I shall once again play at being Canadian.

In Vancouver.

Which will be my new home. And new party town.

Rock on, eh?

3 comments:

fb said...

Sometimes dates for things and knowing where'll you'll be going to help...I'll stop there before I turn this comment into my own existential speech but time, transcience and the like... ;)

Miss Devylish said...

Oooooooooh my! It's getting SO close I love it!! I'm sorry you only have so much space.. Can you mail stuff out ahead of time? I'm going to bust I'm SO excited for you tho! And soon we will meet and be girly and we'll have cake cuz you should have cake when you travel so far like you'll have done. Yes you should!

lady miss marquise said...

Ooh yes, I like cake!
And my sister booked my ticket yesterday and I am flying on the 12th which is a day early and now I'm all a tizz, but you are so right Finn. I, for the first time in a long while, know where I'm going and when. And it's good.
I think.
And sad.
But also very very exciting because now I've been promised cake.