Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mwah!

It's a fact. We eat it. We eat alot of it in our lifetime.

It's gorgeous. It's fabulously divine.

And I for one couldn't leave the house without it.

It's my secret weapon... glossy, wet, matte, silky, smooth, pinky loveliness.

It is of course lipstick. Mwah!

And last Saturday I found the most fantastic thing, if you head into Selfridges beauty hall (a zoo at the best of times, it's broken the best of us - believe me I know!) and head towards the back. You know, past Clinique, and Guerlain (there's a story about that but you'll just have to hold your horses on that one) and almost but not quite towards the stationery bit.

And there, voila... that little space devoted to small up and coming brands. Pop your head past Jemma Kidd Make Up School and you'll see it.
Rows and rows of rainbow coloured pigments, some delciously cute packaging and an incredibly approachable make up artist to guide you along your new adventure.

It's called Colour Lab, and they will customise any make up to suit your palette.

And that's not all. Say your favourite lippie is, god forbid, out of stock. Or discontinued. Not a problem. They'll make you a new one right then and there, and match the colour perfectly.

Do you want shine, matte, gloss? A little sparkle, a little more plum, a little more pink? And what about the scent? A choice of heavenly scrumptious choices: Parisian rose, (ooh la la!), cappuccino, chocolate, vanilla... yum.

And then lo and behold, the lipstick sets and it's all packaged up and you can even name your new bespoke lippie after what ever takes your fancy.
Mme Mojo has a new lease on life...

So go, I say.

Go now... before word really gets out and you'll be elbowing those fashionistas out of the way to get your hands on your own blend.

3 comments:

anywherebutTX said...

Lucky, lucky London girl.... No Selfridges here in Texas...

LĂ©onie said...

Holy crap that sounds amazing. How much was it?

I can't venture in there until I know how much it costs, because when I'm there I know I'll do it anyway, and as much as it is true that we eat lots of lipstick in our lifetimes, I'm not sure that one lipstick could keep me sustained for the rest of the month...

lady miss marquise said...

Well, um... actually - it was free. She made it for me as a little test and I can attest that it lasts and lasts. I'm a MAC addict, always have been - but am a new convert because my lipstick smells of roses.
And I love the smell of roses.