Thursday, March 16, 2006

Update 1: The packing

Triumphantly I announce

"I have made a carton!"

The carton is large enough to fit an average human in and I step back, beaming with pride at my apparent handiwork.

The carton, 2 days later, is still empty.

I have 1 week and 3 days remaining to pack and 6 more cartons to put together. That works out as roughly 1 day to pack each year of my UK life. Or less than one carton per day.

I think I should get a move on.

Update 2: The Tattoo

I've paid the deposit.

I shall be inked again on Thursday and I am incredibly excited. It's been far too long.

The design proposal, it has to be said, is absolutely gorgeous and I am really really excited that I couldn't get into Into You after all, and instead found this little gem. Which I've walked by almost every day on my way to work.

Update 3: The love of my life

I've met him. Bet you weren't expecting that one, were you?

But that is another story, and far too long and complex to be just an update. But it hit me Monday evening and I realised I've been falling in love with him since I was 8. It just took me a while to get here.

Update 4: Denial

I'm in a healthy state of it. I'm pretty damn good at this whole "denial - not just a river in Egypt" thing.

I think I need to pack.

I don't want to go to the hospital.


Update 5: The Hospital

I've got to go back, again. On Friday. I've put it off for 2 months. But for my own state of mind (and health) I need to go. Frankly, I'm scared shitless.

And I'm tired of being brave about it.


Update 6: I need to stop from freaking out about the whole moving halfway across the world.


So I've booked a flight to Barcelona for me and The Gorgeous, and put a deposit down (I am all about the deposits this week) on a fabulous little flat near las Ramblas and the Picasso Museum.

I'm looking forward to escaping reality for a few days.

5 comments:

fb said...

That's still not packing! ;) Can't pack by remote control in Barcelona!

Hospital? Hope it's nothing too serious.

Miss Devylish said...

Wow.. that's a lot sweetie.. I hope Barcelona is fabulous and I'm so jealous, as usual..

The hospital thing scares me.. and I don't even know what the dealio is.

Tattoos are fun! I'm very excited for you! Not so much for the packing cuz I hate it too.

And of course, who isn't positively dying to know who this love stranger is.. inquiring minds want to know!

lady miss marquise said...

I packed, I packed last night! Well, I put several books into the empty carton and looked at my bookshelves, rempved a few more to go to Oxfam, put a few more in the carton, chatted to my flatmate, put some more stuff in the carton and it's still only half full! It's the neverending carton!

Sorry - should have clarified, am going to Barcelona in April, after my freight has gone.

I figured I'm going to be homeless and unemployed so why not be homeless in a warm climate?!

And thanks for support about hospital, it's an ongoing thing and the team need to monitor me every 3 months. Not at all fun, but hopefully this will be the start of the end!

x said...

you met the love of your life and you are just dropping this bomb and then going away?

Best wishes for the hospital. I read this old post of yours. But you know you'll be fine. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

If you are going to visit barcelona check out these links:

le cool magazine
barcelona guide by freestanza apartments
restaurants reviews
Bars&Clubs reviews

Have fun!

Tomas