Friday, August 25, 2006

Oh. Argh. Eeep. Bloody hell.

An email this morning.

From that great company.

Again.

In regards to the interview I had 3 weeks ago.

*Dear Lady,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The Producer has still not made a final decision, you are on the short list and as soon as I hear anything more I'll be in touch.

Thanks again for your patience!

Your Recruiter*


Oh bollocksy hell. Here we are again.

In the meantime, I am off to the Post Office as it appears my colleague wishes to send 12 packs of Kraft Dinner to his brother in Australia.

I kid you not.

Just don't get me started on the no Diet Coke in the fridge scenario, we're all still a little shaken by the fact the world stopped rotating.

3 comments:

fb said...

No marmite cravings yet?

Walkers Prawn Cocktail Flavour Crisps?

Branston Pickle?

;)

Anonymous said...

Churchill had it about right: Success consists of going from one failure to another without a loss of enthusiasm.

Keep your chin up!

lady miss marquise said...

Finn: Nope. No Marmite cravings at all, nor Walker's crisps. I've not really had any major cravings apart from mille feuille from Patiserie Valerie! And stinky British pubs. All *pubs* here are knock offs. Not the same at all.
And oooh, Branston pickle. Luckily coming from British parents there's always a jar in the house whenever we have roast turkey. Yum.

Tony: Thanks sweetpea. I'll remember that...
Once I get the move out of the way this weekend, it will be easier to concentrate on moving to the next failure with enthusiasm!
xx