Tuesday, January 16, 2007

ENFP

Perusing Pixie's site, I came across the above post, revealing her personality as based on Jung's theory.

Always a sucker for any sort of testing, I played along. Can you spot the similarities?

An ENFP is described as outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy.

And whereas there are a few I may be a bit cautious on, it pretty much fits me to a T.

Intrigued, I came across more insights into my zany personality type...

Social/Personal Relationships: ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous. However, attention span in relationships can be short; ENFPs are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. Less mature ENFPs may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time, to reassure them that everyone thinks they're a wonderful and fascinating person.

Careers sway towards the arts, not surprisingly but I was intrigued to see make up artist, bar tender, and writer in there as I have been one of all of those at some point in my life. There is also a very strong focus on television / film /theatre, as well as music journalism, which are fields I am actively pursuing at the moment.
Maybe I have been on the right path after all, I just got a bit distracted on the way.

Take the test here and tell me a little about you...

1 comment:

P said...

Haha - I can see that for you!