Wednesday, March 21, 2007

more

Over the last few weeks, things in my life have shifted quickly and with little warning. I stopped the other day and realised that I have been back in Vancouver almost a year, a friend of mine recently out of rehab said he had lived more this year than the years preceeding his recovery. In a sense, I can relate. This last year has been about facing up to all that I have spent years hiding from, and starting to make it right again.
I often write about being just there, at that moment, right on the edge of something bigger.

I feel that now, again, stronger than ever. Not that my life is about to start, but that I am about to embark on yet another adventure and this is the adventure I have spent years preparing for.

I am taking charge of my health, and despite all the emotions that are coming with it, I know that it will be okay. Whatever *it* is. Because I will be in control of it. Because there are so many people around me right now offering support, whether virtual or spiritual or medical or familial. Because I need to get past this to get to the next stage. Because I just know that I have a bigger purpose in this life. Because there is much more fun to be had, more words to be read and written, more laughter, more tears, more joy, more love, more adventure, more lessons, more truth, more value, more life.

There is just more.

5 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

Beautiful - I often think of this line from that singer Stacey Oricco...

"There's gotta be more to life than chasing down every temporary high to satisfy me.
Cause the more that I'm tripping out thinking there must be more to life.
Well it's life, but I'm sure there's gotta be more than wanting more, than waiting on something other than this.
Why am I feelin' like there's something I missed....."

Devil Mood said...

Absolutely, more, more! There's so much more to come :)
You go girl!

madelyn said...

more coffee dates too !

:)

fb said...

Thinking of you.

lady miss marquise said...

Thank you all lovelies ;o)

And indeed my dear Sophie, coffee is calling!
x