Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wondering


What happens when you leave a little part of your heart somewhere?
Do you ever get it back?

And what happens when you leave little parts of your heart everywhere, in every city you fall a little in love with? Does your heart ever regenerate, is it ever whole again or do you spend the rest of your life with a little something missing?
Can new adventures and new memories ever make up for those little bits of your heart you left scattered along the railings of Pont des Arts, on Soho's cobblestoned streets, amidst the dust and bia hoi of Ha Noi?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel like I've travelled enough yet but my heart is definitely torn between Australia and the UK. We are stopping in Hanoi on the way back, so perhaps I can leave a lil' bit of my heart there?

Olive Oil said...

The proverbial heart is an ever expanding organ that makes human existence possible. The more you love, the more your capacity to love grows:) Isn't being human magic!

lady miss marquise said...

Pom - am sure you will. I'm going to email you some places I think you need to go to. And I highly recommend Bia Hoi and getting an entire wardrobe made.

Olive - you know I love you. It is magical... it's all started from watching Paris, Je T'Aime and falling in love with it all over again. I miss my old European life sometimes ;o)

fb said...

No, they replace it with artificial part.

Though I remain convinced that you lose part of yourself when they do that to you.

That's my literal 2 cents.

I guess my part got incinerated at the hospital.

Ho hum.

;)

Anonymous said...

That would be wonderful. We are there for six days and at the moment only have plans to go to Halong Bay.

"the b" said...

You're back! How's things? And I'm just blogging about how people aren't blogging and there you go and prove me wrong.

Hearts. I agree, you feel as though you've left it with people and places along the way, and a little bit of you always remains there. I don't think you get it back. It feels to me as though it heals over, leaving more or less of a scar as a remembrance. I don't think being generous with your love diminishes your capacity however, so somewhere there the metaphor breaks down. The more you love and appreciate life, the better you are able to, I reckon.

Glad you're around!