Friday, April 15, 2005

Ramblings of no importance whatsoever

So there I am, in the gym after a particularly gruelling cardio session comprising of rowing and cycling, my hair is wet with sweat, my face is red and I'm bent over the glutes machine, my butt in the air, my back leg straining against the weights, glutes tensing... a not very dignified position, and all in all I am not looking particularly glamorous, attractive or well... to put it bluntly I looked like hell.

Now The WelshOne, for those who remember, was the nice young man I dated last year and the only man in the last 2 years whom I've dated in that time that has given me that butterfly feeling.
Granted, we didn't date for long and it was almost a year ago but I still remember how he made me feel and so, even though I know we have both *MOVED ON* it was still with a tinge of regret that when he announced his impending moving in with new girlfriend this week, I replied with an ever so slightly through gritted teeth "Congratulations, am so happy for you etc etc bloody etc"

I have seen him since The Great Smiths' parting, granted... and every time I saw him again a little of those butterflies decreased until I was fairly sure that I was *over it* and that it wasn't him I was pining over after all, rather it's those butterflies I'm missing. And we have in truth had several email exchanges so if I was to see him again, it wouldn't be that big a deal... non?!

Well, unless I'm bent over the glutes machine in a rather undignified position? And turn around, hair lank, red faced to face him? Grinning like a fool at me.

So the good news is there was no twinge, no butterflies, not even a moth and lo and behold someone I used to fancy saw me looking less than my best, and if you think of all the other things I should be worrying about, really... that's a pale comparison.

No comments: