Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Losing words

I think I've lost my words.

The last few days have gone past in a blur, a haze of whisky, red wine, vodka, tears and laughter.

I know I arrived in Edinburgh very early Sunday am, amazed again at how beautiful the city was. I know there was too much whisky and too much wine, that there were tears shed, and laughter. Stories told, memories rehashed, raised voices and hushed whispers.

And I know on Monday, I said a few words and managed to get through 'Do not go gentle into that good night' without breaking my voice. And I know I said something that made people laugh.

But there are holes in most everything, a lack of sleep and emotion finally taking its toll.

I've lost my words. But they'll be back.

3 comments:

x said...

i am so sorry, so sorry.
but i'll come here often to see if you've found your words again.
many hugs.

Miss Devylish said...

You don't have to say anything.. sending so many hugs your way girl..

lady miss marquise said...

Thank you both. I seem to slowly be getting those words back... x