Friday, January 06, 2006

Counting down

It's less than a week away.

And I'm ever so excited.

I love birthdays, I love my birthday even more. Last year I had 4 parties.

Yes.

4

But then again, it was a big event. It was a big year.

There was a long boozy lunch on the top floor of Smith's, followed by my first day back at University (although technically night school) with the not so great feeling of sobering up. Although that was then followed by more drinkies.

And then the dinner party for my nearest and dearest a week later.

And then more cocktails and dancing the following week.

At the end, this lady was exhausted...

So this year, it will be a little quieter. As somehow 31 feels just a whole lot older than say, 30. Although, still secretly looking forward to the whole day being all about *me*

Not that I am attention seeking or anything...

4 comments:

x said...

31 is younger than 30. you see at 30 you are in your very late twenties. but at 31 you are just beginning your thirties.

lady miss marquise said...

Aha, I love your thinking!

Sideways Chica said...

Here's to your Birthday...may it be filled love and laughter.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ciao for now, but I'll be back.

Teri

Miss Devylish said...

I had the same feeling at 31. 30 was easy. The first time I said 31 outloud I actually lost my breath at the 'one' part.. omg.. that was .. difficult. 32 and 33 were easier and then 34.. seems vague since I turned in November. However, there were like 4 parties for me too. Tiaras were involved. Lots of group tables. Girl, these things are required. I just labeled it birthday week. Give in. You deserve more than a single day in my opinion. Happy happy!