Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bridges

When I first moved back, and was looking for a job and needed to clear my head, I'd walk down to Granville Island , sit on a bench looking over at English Bay, the marina and Burrard Street Bridge.

I have almost always lived a bridge away from the City, in London I had my favourite bridges as I also did in Paris. There was always something, as you crossed; as if you were off on a new adventure into the city, or going home at the end of one.

I have always loved this particular bridge, when I was looking to move out 10 years ago the apartment I wanted is in the building in the very right hand corner on Beach Avenue.



I ended up in Glasgow, and the rest as we say is a drunken old mess.

Also another of my favourite spots has become Jericho Beach, the Galley has one of the best patios in Vancouver (and actually serve some of the best burgers as well...)

2 comments:

Miss Devylish said...

Lovely pics honey!

Nabeel said...

nice picture .. my fav. bridge in Vancouver was the Lion's Gate Bridge .. looks pretty cool :) .. although the lions were covered (they were polishing it or something) .. but still it's an awesome bridge