Wednesday, July 12, 2006

That job I want?

The one I want so badly it hurts? That job, which is housed in its own little village, with a basketball court and a full size football pitch, and a cinema and restaurants and coffee bars galore and the coolest ever job in the whole wide world? The one I have had 3 interviews for and haven't blogged about it because I didn't want to jinx it?

Well. Today I get a phone call. My man at the company leaves a message. He is my man inside. Saying he wants to update me on the situation as they've finally had a chance to talk.

And then. Then I can't get a hold of him for the rest of the day. Sneakily wandering away with my mobile tucked up my sleeve. How many messages can I leave before I'm a stalker? I leave 2.

Pace. Feel sick. And hot. And bothered. Pace some more. Try calling again.

Pace.

Try not to be distracted. Stare at my phone. Ring, dammit. Riiiiiiing.

And finally. My man calls.

Apologises. And then leaves me dangling... saying "It all went really positive, there are some processes that need to finalised tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll be able to call you at some point tomorrow with more news..."

What, pray tell, does that mean?!

Dear god.

3 comments:

fb said...

Sounds like you'd be working for a 'Phil'!?

lady miss marquise said...

Thanks both - am still waiting! Apparently they wanted to give me the job, but one of the producers wanted to see one more person so I shall find out this afternoon.
Or Monday... grrrrrr!

Miss Devylish said...

Girl.. I'm crossing everything for you!