Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's beginning to feel alot like...

My beautiful friend Lulu arrives tonight.

The last time we saw each other was at the airport before I boarded the plane to start new, with tear stained faces and the last renmants of laughter. Saying goodbye to an old life and hello to a new one. I cannot wait to see her smile, and hear her laughter.

Yesterday she laughed down the phone, said "We could have had a baby in all that time!"
It is almost like coming full circle, seeing who we were then and seeing where we have come in just a few short months, where the last 9 months have slipped by.

I have been blessed this year with such amazing people coming into my life in so many unexpected ways. Visits from dear friends old and new, rediscovering the people we have all become, finding our way. Meeting fellow bloggers in real life, away from keyboards. Reforging friendships, and desperately trying to hold on to the ones I left behind. The world can be a small space if you make nice with distance.

This year I will spend my first Christmas home surrounded by some of my dearest friends and my family. There shall be laughter and love, memories made and remembered. And then I'll be heading back to the City of Angels with Lu for a few days, to try and cram the last 9 months we have been apart into too little time.

I can't think of anything more that I want for Christmas than this.

Wishing you all much love, peace, joy and laughter,

LMM
x

10 comments:

~d said...

A very Merry Christmas to you!
I have a Lulu in my life who is very special. I haven't seen her in 7 full months and change. I hope you have a wonderful time! Remember to take photos!

Olive Oil said...

Thanks. Now I feel a little more ready for Christmas too. I just want to let you know you have been such an important part of my life these last 9 months as well. Glad to have you back in my everyday.

Baci.

Indiana said...

Home is a great place to spend the holiday, especially when it has been a while between visits...Merry Christmas and have fun.

Unknown said...

I am so in love with your FABULOUS blog--happy holidays!

Thanks for the comments about my poem--and for identifying with the rebel in me...

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous holiday season!

Devil Mood said...

Oh that's so wonderful! :)
I think it's going to be a really merry Christmas over there! Enjoy it!

P said...

Wishing you a sparkly, sparkly, sparkly (get it? freakin' sparkle city sparkly) holiday.
xxx

Miss Devylish said...

Hope it's everything you wish for sugar.. you certainly deserve it. Happy happy & Merry merry! love to you!!

sophie said...

hope you had a wonderful
wonderful time:)

LULU?

love it!!!

Unknown said...

I think you might be right about change--I would like to be a few inches taller. Maybe if I ever print out my NaNo novel, I can stand on it and get the height...